Sunday, March 8, 2009

Garden of Deadly Pleasures


I thoroughly enjoy a great mystery and I've picked up quite a few mystery short story collections. So many times I can't find time to get into a great book, but maybe just to enjoy a short story or two. That's why I found Garden of Deadly Pleasures edited by Cynthia Manson. But, I have to tell you that I picked up my copy on a used book site. If you can find a copy of this great paperback and if you like short mysteries - definitely pick this up.

Each mystery in this collection has something to do with plants and gardens. It could be unique or killer plants, could be a body buried in a garden or maybe dead bodies are dumped in a garden. Agatha Christie even sends Hercule Poirot to investigate the poisoning death of a elderly woman. Aside from Agatha Christie, none of the names were familiar, but there are plenty of great story tellers in this small book.

This is a fairly quick read and very enjoyable :)

Publisher: Signet Book
Book Type: Paperback
ISBN-13: 9780451187727 - ISBN-10: 0451187725
Publication Date: 4/1/1996
Pages: 256

No comments: